Halló frá Íslandi
Iceland definitely took me by surprise! I was told Iceland is a beautiful country, but I was not prepared to have my mouth drop every twenty miles with the diversity of landscapes and weather! Seriously! Once you've landed in Iceland, you feel as though you've entered another world. Moss covers rocks for miles upon miles. Black sand fills the coast. Chiseled gray rocks line the beaches. Mountains full of snow filled peaks and lava rocks line the horizon. Everything is breathtakingly beautiful. Not to mention, the people are kind and welcoming, the food is delicious, and the coffee... don't get me started on the coffee!
If you're looking for a place to take an adventure, go to Iceland! The hikes, mountain climbs, and glacier hikes are unreal! It's a peaceful oasis or a challenging adventure, depending on what you're looking. I highly recommend!
Below, you'll find a collection of images I took through my travels in the Southern half of Iceland. You'll find portraits of my artist friends, landscapes, and city shots of Reykjavík. Images and words have nothing on Iceland, though. You just need to experience it for yourself!
Til hamingju meöeævintÿri!
1. Reykjavík Roastery - Best Coffee hands down!
2. Gluggafoss - Personal Favorite Waterfall
3. Blue Lagoon - Geothermal Spa
4. Skógafoss - Second favorite waterfall
5. Glacier Lagoon-Jökulsáariön - A beautiful lagoon filled with ice, where you can take a boat tour!
6. Kirkjubæjarklaustur - Beautiful hiking lands
7. Reynisfjara - Black sand beach!